Are there sexual behaviors or thoughts that are distressing and keeping you from being the person you want to be? Does it feel like no matter how hard you try, you just can’t stop? Do you feel as if you’ve lost control? Do you find yourself spending an inordinate amount of time thinking about these behaviors or the possible consequences? Are you struggling to find hope around this issue? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you have made the right choice by being here.
We know this is hard. You’ve likely been debating seeking help for months, if not years. But we are so glad you found us and have taken the courageous step of being here.
How does sex addiction therapy work?
As a certified Sex addiction therapist, I work with my clients to achieve their goals. I work with my clients to first stop the distressing behaviors and over time work to understand the underlying issues driving them.
Specific objectives may include the following and others not listed here:
- Identify the sexual behaviors that are creating distress
- Identify if the behaviors are addiction or compulsivity
- 12 step programs and process groups for accountability
- Learning the steps in the cycle that lead to the unwanted behaviors
- Learn the underlying unmet needs or trauma that drive the behavior